News from Maine Art Scene – Maine Arts & Culture Online Magazine:
- River Tree Arts Presents a Community Art Show: “Highlight”
Maine Art Scene Magazine | (Kennebunk, ME) Save the date for the River Tree Arts community art show “Highlight”, a virtual and in-person exhibition, spotlighting visual artists throughout the entire c …
- Season Opener at Salt Pond Studio Features Midcoast Plein Air Painters
Maine Art Scene Magazine | (Friendship, ME) Salt Pond Studio opens the 2021 season with a show of work by Midcoast Plein Air Painters, a group that formed in early 2020. For more than a year, the arti …
- Author Maya Stein’s New Book – The Poser: 38 Portraits Reimagined
Maine Art Scene Magazine | (Northport, ME) In her new book, The Poser: 38 Portraits Reimagined, Maya Stein documents how she transcended the pandemic isolation by re-creating contemporary portraits as …
Portland Arts & Culture:
- This Portlander Can Teach You How to Make Your Own Stylish Shoes
Rachel Corry’s new book The Sandalmaking Workshop lays out everything you need—from patterns to step-by-step instructions—to make your own shoes.
- A Thank You to Portland’s Fashion Scene
Today is my last day as style editor of Portland Monthly after 11 years. Let’s walk down memory lane together and check out the hits.
- Across Three Seasons, <i>Shrill</i> Quietly Revolutionized the Portrayal of Fat Women on Television
The show’s success with critics and audiences paves the way for more shows that celebrate fat bodies instead of pathologizing or pitying them.